MSMI Marathi Shala Program (मराठी शाळा)
MSMI Marathi Shala is a project of Austin Marathi Mandal (AMM) initiated by Bruhan Maharashtra Mandal of North America (BMM).
- BMM is working with Bharati Vidyapeeth for this program.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth has done extensive research keeping in mind the needs of NRI children while setting up the syllabus.
- Austin Marathi Shala has 8 levels of Marathi Study (Bal Mitra 1, Bal Mitra 2, Bal Mitra 3, Kishore Mitra 1, Kishore Mitra 2, Kishor Mitra 3 and Praveen Mitra 1 and Praveen Mitra 2).
- Each student will go with his/her pace — there is no rush to achieve certain level in certain time frame .
- Over all emphasis: 60% Oral communication & 40% Reading-Writing (each level has certain expectations)
- Other things that will be covered are: shlok, kavita, drawing, craft work, etc.
- Age: 5 and up (recommended)
- Duration: One and half hours to 2 hours – once a week.
For more details Contact Shala Coordinator: Trupti 3175319981
Carmel Clay Public Library
425 E Main St, Carmel, IN 46032
5 Municipal Dr, Fishers, IN 46038
Greenwood Public Library
310 S Meridian St, Greenwood, IN 46143
Hussey-Mayfield Public library
250 N 5th St, Zionsville, IN 46077
Note : BMM emphasizes more on ‘conversation’ than ‘on reading and writing (60:40), thus it is important that a student communicates well in Marathi. Only way for parents to achieve this goal is by communicating with your kids in Marathi and encourage him/her to communicate back in Marathi.